- Created on Tuesday, 18 December 2012 21:19
- Written by Candyce Graham
IFBB Bikini Pro Candyce Graham Helps You Maintain Through the Holidays
With Halloween and Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas around the corner many of us during the holiday season totally disregard eating healthy or portion control. We tend to utilize the holiday season as an opportunity to over-indulge and be pure gluttons. According to reports, Americans gain 7-10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day and sadly, this weight is maintained from thereon despite our many promises to go on a diet in January.
I totally understand how easy it is to get caught in the this holiday trap for everywhere you turn from your office building to the homes of your friends and family, there is an abundance of goodies and treats in addition to huge parties and dinners to attend. I'm not saying you can't indulge a little but I do recommend eating in moderation and maintaining a balanced diet during the holidays. The holidays tend to be a very stressful time for many of us and we need plenty of energy to cope with the increase in activity, therefore it is essential that we eat the proper foods and nutrients that will give us energy and help reduce our stress levels.
Here are a few easy tricks to help you maintain during the holidays:
1. Eat on a small plate at dinner parties
2. Bring a healthy food dish so you can have some control over what you put in your body
3. Avoid drinking high sugar and high caloric beverages; instead drink water or unsweetened tea
4. Maintain at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. This will keep your metabolism active and prevent you from feeling guilty when you over-indulge a little
5. Don't skip meals. Eat a hearty and healthy snack before you attend a party. This will curb your appetite and make you less tempted to over-indulge.
I hope this helps and have a safe and Happy Holidays!
Stay Hungry and Humble,
IFBB Bikini Pro Candyce Graham
Like Me: www.facebook.com/BikiniProCandyce
Follow Me: www.twitter.com/candygrahamfit