OLYMPIA COVERAGE  |  ARNOLD COVERAGE  |      search-slim2

rxgirl

The Stage Makeup Series with Dr. Stacey Naito. Segment 7 Highlighter, Brows and Finishing Touches

There are a lot of highlighters out there, but you must be careful with them and use a very light hand.  A LIGHT dusting of highlighter on the apples of your cheeks, forehead and chin looks lovely, while highlighter that is applied too heavily will make you look metallic.  When I apply highlighter I use my MAC 187  blending brush.  

Another very important highlight is a touch of platinum or champagne eye shadow which is applied to the inner corner of the eye.  My favorite shade for this step is MAC Solar White as it makes the eyes really pop but still has enough warmth to it.  Extend the eye highlight shade slightly into the inner brow margin and blend.  Basically, the area near the inner eye should be prominent, while the application along the inside of the brow should be subtle.  

After this step is completed, I fill in my brows.  I recommend using a brown shadow rather than a pencil because it delivers a much softer look.  Trace your brow shape, filling in any skimpy areas.  For most brunettes, MAC Browndown works very well for this step.  

Lastly, you need to apply translucent powder to set your look.  Look for a neutral shade which will not affect the foundation color.  I apply setting powder with my MAC 187 brush, but since I tend to get very shiny, I keep blotting papers and a small powder puff with me for touchups, using slightly more pressure when I apply powder with the puff.  You may opt to use a finishing spray (MAC Fix + is a good finishing spray), but this is better suited for ladies with drier skin.  

Subscribe to RxMuscle on Youtube