OLYMPIA COVERAGE  |  ARNOLD COVERAGE  |      search-slim2

rxgirl

The Stage Makeup Series with Dr. Stacey Naito. Segment 1: Eye Shadow

Join Dr. Stacey Naito, National Bikini Champion, as she shares her secrets for applying perfect stage makeup.  In this segment she walks you through putting on your eye shadow.

Segment 1 – Eye Shadow

Before applying any eye shadow in this segment, make sure you apply primer first. This is an important step which ensures that your shadow will adhere to your skin and will not flake off. I love Shadow Insurance by Too Faced, but other women also swear by the eye primer which Urban Decay makes. Primer needs to be applied over the entire lid and brow area.

The remaining steps will be presented in a numbered format and should be applied in the order presented.

1. Apply a pale base color which is a neutral nude shade. My recommendations are MAC Brule or MAC Grain. You will sweep this shade over the entire lid and brow area.
2. Apply a light brown shade on the lid, concentrating application on the outer edge of the lid and the lid crease. I recommend MAC Texture for this step.
3. Sweep a pale pink shade over the inner lid area as well as the brow. This pops the lid and brightens up the face. I love MAC Da Bling for this step.
4. Apply a mid-tone brown shade on the entire lid area. Make sure you apply up to but not beyond the crease. In order to better see where your crease hits, open your eye slightly to determine where it is. MAC Browndown works beautifully for this step.
5. At this point it is important to blend, blend, blend so that you don’t have any harsh lines of demarcation. The idea here is to have the shades blend seamlessly into one another.
6. Next you will sweep a darker brown shade directly onto the crease and along the upper lash line. Think of creating a 7 (or backwards 7 on the other eye) or a boomerang shape as you so this. The point of the 7 can be extended slightly towards the brow, but be careful not to extend too far up or you will look like you have a black eye!
7. Apply black shadow onto the lower portion of the lid (stay close to the lash line at the mid lid then widen out) and layer onto the 7 you have created in step 6. Make sure to blend this well.
8. Apply a pale golden/white or champagne shade on the inner lid and brow area. I love MAC Ricepaper for this step, but MAC Dreammaker also works well. This shade can and should have some frost to it, but make sure it isn’t too frosty, or it will look harsh and garish when the stage lights hit it.
9. Take a bit more black shadow and work into crease and along lash line to intensify the look. As with previous steps, make sure to blend.

You may get fallout as you apply the darker shadows. If so, you can gently wipe off with a makeup remover towelette or eye makeup remover.

I did not blend my shades as much as I would have liked in this video in the interest of time, but again, the more you blend, the more subtle the shade gradation and the more desirable the results will be.

Subscribe to RxMuscle on Youtube