OLYMPIA COVERAGE  |  ARNOLD COVERAGE  |      search-slim2

rxgirl

The Stage Makeup Series with Dr. Stacey Naito. Segment 5 Contouring The Face

I used to turn to MAC Mineralized SkinFinish in Deep Dark in previous years but find that it just isn’t dark enough against dark foundation, so I now mix this with MAC Blush in Blunt.  If you do this, make sure the shades are mixed well, otherwise the Blunt will create a harsh look.  MAC has a contour brush (#227) which I use, but it is a bit too small to get a smooth gradation of shades, so I always use a blending brush (MAC #187 is my workhorse!) to blend out any harsh lines of demarcation once the contour is applied.

When you apply contour, think of making a big “E” on your face, with the top branch sweeping along your temple, then arcing down along your hairline.  The middle branch will run just under your cheekbone.  Continue to arc the contour shade down along your hairline and create the bottom branch just under your jawline.  It’s also a good idea to apply contour along the underside of your jawline, especially if you are an older competitor.  This will camouflage any loose skin you may have in the jaw and neck area.  

Subscribe to RxMuscle on Youtube