OLYMPIA COVERAGE  |  ARNOLD COVERAGE  |      search-slim2

rxgirl

The Stage Makeup Series with Dr. Stacey Naito. Segment 3 Mascara and Eye Liner

Dr. Stacey Naito, National Bikini Champion, as she takes you through segment number three of the Stage Makeup Series.  Here Dr. Naito shows you how to properly apply mascara and eye liner for your best possible look on the stage.

When it is time to apply mascara, I prefer to apply a light coat on my lashes before the false eyelashes are glued on, then I add more once the false lashes are in place.  Don’t forget to apply some mascara on the lower lashes, but use a relatively light hand.  Make sure you use a bold mascara which will add volume to your natural lashes.  I LOVE DiorLash by Christian Dior but also find that MAC Opulash is great for stage makeup applications.  

You should practice using liquid eyeliner if you are not comfortable with it.  Some ladies like eyeliners which are made like felt pens, but I vastly prefer using a liquid liner that comes in a pot and an eyeliner brush.  MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is a very inky black and has a thicker consistency which makes application easier and which also lasts a long time after it is applied.  I recommend MAC #263 brush for this step, but any small, angled brush which is designed for application of liquid eyeliner will do.  

The first thing I do is mark the waterline, which is the wet inner margin of the lids.  For those of you who have small or close-set eyes, this might not work on you and may make your eyes look even smaller, so experiment to determine if you should perform this step.  I mark both my upper and lower lid waterlines and take my time with this step, using the slanted edge of the brush to press the color onto the area.  

The next step is application of eyeliner along the lash line.  Start at the inner corner of the eye with a thin line, then you can make this line slightly thicker as you approach the outer corner of the eye.  You can stipple the color by pressing the slanted edge of the brush right along the lash line.  Be sure to also cover any random glue marks you may see along the lash line.  Once you reach the outer edge of the eye, slightly sweep up to create a point so you get a cat eye effect.  This can be more exaggerated since you will be up onstage.  

Subscribe to RxMuscle on Youtube